SHAPE is looking for highly motivated candidates from a wide variety of disciplines including: political science, international relations, security studies, law, economics, engineering, logistics, human resources, financial administration, accounting/auditing, information technology, languages, journalism and media communications, electronics, library science.
The SHAPE Internship Programme will be limited to 30 interns per year and will be available for the following periods:
- 6 months internship as part of, or complementary to a university degree programme (programme starts in September and January).
- 6 months internship for, in principle, recent Bachelor graduated students who are interested in a specific project that can be of support for a Master graduation programme.
- 6-12 months internship programme for, in principle, recent Master or PhD graduated students (graduated less than 6 months ago) who are looking for work experience in an international organisation as a first step to an international career.
The 2017 call for applications for SHAPE internships is open and will close on 28 February 2016.
Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
There is one call for applications per year with two starting dates, in January or in September the following year. The intern will have to specify the desired period of internship being January or September.
Applications received until 28 February 2016 will be included into the candidates pool for the internship programme 2017.
All applications are acknowledged by an automatically generated e-mail. Should you not receive an acknowledgement, please re-submit the application.
To qualify for an internship, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All applicants for an internship must be a citizen of a NATO member nation.
- Applicants must be proficient in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must have at least two years of successful university study or equivalent.
- The program is open to current students or recent graduates (degree obtained within the last 18 months).
Only applications fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be taken into consideration. The others will be rejected automatically.