15 Jan 2010
Welcome to the Allied Command Operations (ACO) Blog. The ACO blog offers a inside view of NATO's business because it's written by the people who truly understand what it means to be a part of a NATO Operation– the people serving in the organisation.
It is also a forum where you can discuss matters related to NATO's military operations with contributions from staff serving in SHAPE (Allied Command Operations Headquarters) and subordinated International and Multinational Headquarters or units from the NATO Command Structure or NATO Force Structure.
This is a moderated blog; all comments will be reviewed before being posted. If a post is not consistent with the ground rules it will not be accepted. The ground rules are:
- Comments must not compromise operational security.
- Participants must treat each other with respect, vulgar language, offensive terms or personal attacks or comments which might incite hatred will not be accepted.
- Comments must be relevant to the original post/thread.
- Comments to promote services or products will not be posted.
- Comments which promote a political cause, either directly or indirectly, may be rejected or referred back to the originator for amendment before being posted.
If you have a comment or question about a particular subject area which is not currently the subject of a thread you may submit it via the "Contact Us” sections of the web site.
Media queries, requests and Questions cannot be answered here. Media personnel are requested to contact SHAPE Media Relation Division firstname.lastname@example.org or to Media Operation Helpdesk +32 (0) 65-44-3100 during working hours.
Comments will be reviewed and posted during normal business hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. European middle time, Monday through Friday. Comments posted after hours or during weekend/holidays will normally be reviewed the next business day.
Do not include your phone number or email address in the body of your comment.